Have you ever tried to use your logo file for something and noticed that your image has a white background? This looks fine on white documents or screens, but if your logo is being displayed on a color or image, you’ll want to get rid of that pesky background!
On TeamPages, you can upload your logo in the settings area of your website. TeamPages uses this logo in a few places throughout the site.
- Default banner display
- Mobile header
- Favicon (that little logo in the browser tab)
- Team Logos
In some cases, the logo will be on a colored background, so it is always best to upload a logo with a transparent background. Don’t worry, it’s easy! We are going to use Pixlr, a free image editing tool!
1. Launch the Pixlr photo editor and open your logo file.
2. Double click on the lock symbol in the layers window to unlock your logo so you can edit it. The lock will change into a checkmark.
3. Grab the magic wand tool and click on your logo background. You should have the background completely selected with one click. Your selection will be marked with moving dashed lines or ‘marching ants’ as they are called.
4. Hit delete or backspace to remove the selected background. You should now see a checkerboard background. This indicates transparency.
5. To deselect, go to the edit menu and choose deselect all.
6. Save your new logo file as a .png file. Do not save it as a jpeg. PNG files allow for transparent backgrounds and JPEGs do not.
Upload your new logo to your TeamPages website in the settings area under the ‘logo and colors’ tab.
We hope you have found this post on removing the background from your logo helpful! Please comment if you have any questions.