Does your organization or team use Twitter? It is a great way to interact with your members and participate in the sports community! You can create a custom widget on your TeamPages site where you can embed a Twitter feed. This can help you get more followers on Twitter and give your website visitors access to your tweets!
Twitter makes it really easy to embed a page feed or any kind of post on your site, all you need to do is copy and paste a few lines of code. Lets get started!
First, you need to login to TeamPages and you must have administrative access to your TeamPages website.
1. Navigate to your settings area.
2. Go to the ‘widgets’ settings and click ‘add’ in the top right corner.
3. Name your new custom widget and change the text editor to ‘source’ mode. This mode is for entering code instead of plain text.
4. Copy this code, replacing the YOURTWITTER with your twitter handle, and YOUR NAME with the name of your team or league.
<p><a class=”twitter-timeline” data-height=”500″ href=”https://twitter.com/YOURTWITTER“>Tweets by YOUR NAME</a> <script async src=”//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js” charset=”utf-8″></script></p>
For example, TeamPages’ code would look like this:
<p><a class=”twitter-timeline” data-height=”500″ href=”https://twitter.com/teampages“>Tweets by TeamPages</a> <script async src=”//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js” charset=”utf-8″></script></p>
6. Paste this code into your ‘source’ area. Save your custom widget.
7. In the widget settings, turn your widget on and choose the column you would like it to display in on your home page. Click save.
8. Go to your home page and see your new widget! You may need to drag it around on the page to position it in the right spot.
I hope this has been a helpful TeamPages tutorial. Please comment if you have any questions or email us at email@example.com, we are always happy to help!