You probably have a Facebook page for your team, club, or league, it is an awesome way to create a social space for members to interact! Embedding a Facebook feed on your website encourages new members to join your social space and keeps website visitors up-to-date.
Facebook makes it really easy to embed a page feed or any kind of post on your site, all you need to do is copy and paste a few lines of code. Don’t go running in the other direction because I said code, this is really simple. Lets get started!
First, you need to login to TeamPages and you must have administrative access to your TeamPages website.
1. Navigate to your settings area.
2. Go to the ‘widgets’ settings and click ‘add’ in the top right corner.
3. Name your new custom widget and change the text editor to ‘source’ mode. This mode is for entering code instead of plain text.
5. Enter your facebook page URL in the ‘Facebook Page URL’ box and adjust the other settings to suit your preference. Click the ‘get code’ button.
6. A pop-up window will give you two pieces of code. Copy the top piece of code and paste it into your source code editor on TeamPages. Copy the bottom piece of code and paste it right below the first piece in your source editor on TeamPages. Save your custom widget.
7. In the widget settings, turn your widget on and choose the column you would like it to display in on your home page. Click save.
8. Go to your home page and see your new Facebook widget! You may need to drag it around on the page to position it in the right spot.
There are other types of Facebook feeds you can embed, the one we just did is a page feed. You can also embed like buttons, follow buttons, specific posts, videos, or comments. The method is the same and you can get all the code for this here: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/plugins/page-plugin.
I hope this has been a helpful TeamPages tutorial. Please comment if you have any questions or email us at email@example.com, we are always happy to help!