Your TeamPage is something you should be proud of. After all, your page will be a representation of your team and all your members. Not to mention, a slick looking site will make your sponsors happy and could generate more sponsorship opportunities for you and your team. And while we know that our TeamPages default banners could use some work, I’m going to show you how you can create your very own banner to make your TeamPage look pretty awesome. And it’s dead simple, so don’t worry if you’re not tech savy or a graphic designer!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- A TeamPages Pro account (you can upgrade your account through your Team Settings)
- A Snacktools account: it’s free and you can even use Facebook or Google Connect
- Team logo, images, backgrounds to incorporate into your banner
- Photo editing software. I use pixlr.com; it’s super easy to use, provides some great functionality for beginners, and it’s free!
Here are a few banner templates that you can use:
Now here’s what to do:
- Log into your Snacktools account and create a new banner: http://screencast.com/t/fLxbrhMz9
- Set the custom size of your banner to 1000 x 180 px (suggested size for all TeamPages’ banners): http://screencast.com/t/LkhFEiJaBh
- Upload the banner template (or your own image) to your slide:
- Set your Banner Image:
- Select the banner/image that you’ve uploaded from your image library, http://screencast.com/t/9Bf0c9PLiam4,
- Set as background: http://screencast.com/t/jj2lmq3tW, and
- As entire banner: http://screencast.com/t/ds9QqfJf2
- Add your Team name and any desired text to your banner: http://screencast.com/t/hqs8aIZQrU. Be sure to make use of all the customizable font features!
- Add your Team Logos or any desired Images to your Banner: http://screencast.com/t/lbDMeU5ubfmE.
- When you’re done customizing your banner, publish http://screencast.com/t/ejqSCXn9 and download http://screencast.com/t/Dm7wc8L6zm
- Convert your banner that is in GIF format into a PNG file. Open your image using pixlr.com and save as a PNG:http://screencast.com/t/JjBezkcOy
- Note: Use pixlr to add some cool filters and adjustments to your banner: http://screencast.com/t/lBEr4KK2BD
- Now upload your banner to your TeamPage! http://screencast.com/t/UI5BOnURoD
And there you have it – a customized and professional-looking banner for your new TeamPage!
Was this helpful? Would love to hear your feedback! Also, be sure to check or blog every Monday for weekly tips on how to get the most out of your TeamPage.