What are you doing for Sports Day in Canada? This Saturday, September 18, during the first ever Sports Day in Canada, events and free sports clinics are being held in cities around Canada. Chances are, there is something fun happening in your area that you can be apart of!
In several cities, it has become a ‘Sports Week’, and there are events happening throughout the week as well.
Here are a few of the events which are listed. I would have liked to list them all, but there are so many, that it is easier to visit the Sports Day in Canada website for a complete list of events.
- Vancouver, BC: Floorball Hockey Demo – Grant Connell Tennis Center North Vancouver – September 18 11:00am
- Vancouver, BC: Gastown Physio & Pilates with local athletes – 560 Beatty St 10:00am-4:00pm
- Burnaby, BC – Martial Gym class – 6688 Southoaks Crescent – September 15 3:30pm
- Calgary, AB: Charity Fitness Bootcamp – 65 Chaparral Drive SE – September 18 10:30am
- Calgary, AB: Learn Water Polo in Calagary – 1301-16 Ave NW – 9:00pm
- North Bay, ON: Sinerama Volleyball fundraising marathon tournament – Canadore College gym @ 100 College Drive – September 17 5:30pm
- Milton, ON: OSHA Team Ontario Tryouts – 605 Santa Maria Blvd. – September 18 7:00pm
Here are some highlights of events which will be Broadcast on CBC TV & CBC Sports.ca this weekend:
- ITU Triathlon World Championships – Women’s Final – September 18 12PM
- 2010 Men’s Rugby – Canadian Championship – Gold medal Final – September 18 2pm
- What Moves Canada’s Kids – September 18 3:30pm
If you are participating in any events you would like us to promote, plesase send us the details (by leaving a comment on this blog, on our Facebook page, or Twitter) so we can promote it to our community! Also, please send us any photos you take during any sport events this week!
Keep playing hard,