The TeamPages news slider is one of the most dynamic ways to add content to your website and share your message with your visitors. Whether you use it to communicate important announcements, celebrate team wins, or highlight individual player achievements, the news slider makes a huge impact.
Today we will be demonstrating how to size an image for your news slider.
The recommended image size for the slider is 750 pixels wide by 500 pixels tall, this is a horizontal rectangle that fits perfectly into the news slider box. If you upload an image with different dimensions, it will not fill the whole news box. Check out the examples below.
On the left we have an image properly sized at 750 by 500, and on the right we have an image sized at 800 x 600 (a tall rectangle). You can see that white space is added on either side of the tall image.
You do not need to have software on your computer the properly size an image, we will be using resizeimage.net for the demonstration. It is a free online tool that allows you to upload, resize, and save an image for your website!
When possible, select horizontal images for your news slider. If you have a vertical image you want to use, the best thing to do is crop it down to size. Don’t be too afraid to cut off arms and legs to make this happen, it often creates an even more dynamic image, making you feel like you are right in the action!
Follow these steps (as shown in the video above):
- Upload your image to resizeimage.net
- Check the ‘fixed aspect ratio’ box and enter the dimensions (750 x 500)
- Add the width and height to get a selection box on your image
- Drag the corner of the box out and move the box around to position your image for cropping
- Select ‘crop’
- Scroll down and enter the dimensions again in the image resize area
- Scroll all the way to the bottom and click ‘image resize’
- Once properly sized, download your image!
- If you do not know how to put the image into the news slider, check out this help article.
We hope this tutorial has been helpful! Subscribe to the blog for more tips on using TeamPages and managing a sports team, club, or league.