We are pleased to announce the commencement of our first ever recipe contest! We are asking you to submit Healthy Sports Snack Recipes.
The challenge: Share your favourite Healthy Sports Snack Recipe. This can be anything, from granola, to sports drinks, to energy packed sandwiches.
Who: Everyone can enter. If you make snacks for your team, send us your recipe! If you make snacks for your child’s team, you can enter too! If you were given a snack during half time from the other team, and it was yummy, you can submit that idea too!
When: Now, until the end of September.
Prize: (drum roll…) Bragging rights! And knowing that your recipe is being enjoyed by others! And learning about new recipe ideas!
Isn’t that enough? If not…the top 5 recipes will get T-Shirt customized with your sport.
The Grand Prize: is a Custom TeamPages setup packaged, valued at $450. This includes:
- 1 Free domain name
- Up to 5 free email addresses
- 1 Free custom designed banner
- 1 Free custom designed background
- Free premium setup
- Free data migration from an old website
- And a dedicated account manager
Here’s 1 Healthy Snack Idea…. if you try it out, please let me know what you think!
Popcorn Trail Mix
- 2 cups popped popcorn (unsalted)
- 3/4 cup unsweetened dried banana chips
- 3/4 cup fruit-juice sweetened dried cranberries
- 3/4 roasted almonds, roasted peanuts, or roasted pecans (unsalted)
Directions: Combine all ingredients. Divide into 8 small storage containers (tupperware or dixie cups work well). This trail mix will keep for about 8 days. Serves 8.
Nutrition information per serving: 160 calories, 9g fat, 19g carbohydrate, 2g dietary fiber, 12g sugar, 3g protein. (If you don’t have the nutritional information for your recipe, don’t worry!)